Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grazie Mille

The heritage turkey is cooking, cranberry sauce setting and the pumpkin pies are out of the dog's reach. Soon we will feast in one of the most incredible places on the California coastline, if not the country and the world. I do feel blessed, today and always.

Though it may not always be perfect, my reality, my life is pretty fantastic. I have the most supportive and loving family I could ever desire. We are all happy and healthy. Though I have not seen them this holiday, thinking of my young niece and nephew fills my heart with joy. Today my 81-year-old grandmother practiced using her cell phone with me. A small, thing, yes, but so important to me nonetheless. My friends, quite spread out, are some of the most amazing people I know. I cherish my time with them and I look forward to so many more years of memories in the making.

I am thankful for friends and family every year, every day. This year there, however, I am so proud to be thankful for my country and the election. My parents showed me a poster of Barack Obama that they had bought in Paris, when they were actually able to see him in October. Talk about something to be thankful for! I truly believe we will not be disappointed. I am excited and eager to be closer to the change for which I am so thankful. (And, I will thank in advance anyone who will help me get there!)

I know the question is overused but what are you thankful for this year? Hey, you know what else I'm thankful for? The comment I might get on this post! ;)

No comments: